- General Electric Sells Healthcare Lending Business
General Electric has finally announced the sale of its Healthcare Financial Services U.S. Lending business to Capital One for approximately $9 billion. This sale to Capital One is just one of the business that GE is currently attempting to sell with the liquidation of the majority of GE Capital. This sale brings the total of General Electric’s total announced sales to approximately $78 billion.
- Small Business in the United States Gets a Confidence Boost
The National Federation of Independent Business on Tuesday announced that the Small Business Optimism Index increased 1.3 points to 95.4 points versus the expected 94.3 points during June 2015. The index charts the economic outlook of small businesses’ in the United States and reports monthly. The full report can be found here
- Daily Market Update
- The Dow ended the day down 212.33 points or -1.21%.
- The S&P 500 ended the day down 20.11 points or -0.96%.
- The NASDAQ ended the day down 65.01 points or -1.27%
- Oil ended down $1.88 at $43.08 a barrel the lowest since February of 2009.
- Gold ended the day up $3.60 at $1,107.70.
- More News From Today
For the rest of today’s news click here to go to today’s Mid-Day News Breakdown.