- Daily Market Update
- The Dow ended the day down 0.33 points or approximately 0.00%.
- The S&P 500 ended the day up 1.98 points or approximately 0.10%.
- The NASDAQ ended the day up 7.60 points or approximately 0.15%.
- Oil ended the day up $0.22 at $43.30 a barrel.
- Gold ended the day down $15.90 at $1,123.60.
- China Blast Kills at Least 17 People
Two blasts rocked the Chinese port of Tianjin on Wednesday as over 300 people were injured and at least 17 people were killed including four firefighters. The first blast was approximately three tons of TNT while the second was approximately 21 tons of TNT.
The Chinese State controlled broadcaster China Central Television announced that a shipment of explosives had detonated. However, like all news that comes out of China this cannot be independently verified. The truth is we will most likely never know what happened on Wednesday. For more information click here
- More News From Today
For the rest of today’s earlier news click here