Daily Market Update
- The Dow ended the day up 140.10 points or approximately 0.84%.
- The S&P 500 ended the day up 17.22 points or approximately 0.87%.
- The NASDAQ ended the day up 28.72 points or approximately 0.59%.
- Oil ended the day up 2.56 at $47.15 a barrel.
- Gold ended the day up $16.40 at $1,119.00.
- Hewlett-Packard Will Cut Another 10% of its Workforce
Hewlett-Packard has announced additional cuts to its workforce as it moves ahead with the plan to split the company. The reasoning behind the move is additional savings of $2.7 billion annually as the company attempts to turn things around.