- Daily Market Update
- The Dow ended the day down 222.77 points or approximately 1.38%.
- The S&P 500 ended the day down 20.68 points or approximately 1.09%.
- The NASDAQ ended the day down 99.51 points or approximately 2.18%.
- Oil ended the day up $0.85 at $32.30 a barrel.
- Gold ended the day up $2.50 at $1,118.30.
- Additional News
The Federal Reserve:
In a statement today the Federal Reserve of the United States announced that they will not be raising interest rates due to slowed US economic growth. For more information click here for BBC and here for the Guardian
According to sources questioned by Japanese news agency Kyodo News, North Korea may be preparing for a long-range ballistic missile launch test. This comes just weeks after North Korea claimed to have successfully detonated a hydrogen bomb. However, experts believe that an atomic bomb test was conducted; technology which North Korea is already known to possess.
Recommended further readings: